Huomaa lipun sisäsivuille painetut Condition of Contract and Notice -tiedot
Varausten uudelleen vahvistus
1. LOT Polish Airlines ei vaadi LOT:n jatko- tai paluulennon varauksen uudelleenvahvistusta, paitsi kun kyseessä on mannertenvälinen lento, jonka uudelleenvahvistus tulee tehdä viimeistään 72 tuntia (3 päivää) ennen lähtöä. Jos uudelleenvahvistus jätetään tekemättä, voidaan koko varaus peruuttaa. Jos matkasuunnitelmasi muuttuvat, ole ystävällinen ja peruuta tai muuta lentosi niin hyvissä ajoin kuin mahdollista.
1. Maailman eri eri kentillä määritellään kullakin se aika, jolloin matkustajan tulee matkatavaroineen viimeistään saapua lähtöselvitykseen. Suomessa LOT:n lennoille tulee ilmoittautua 2 tuntia ennen lähtöä ja Varsovassa viimeistään tuntia ennen aikataulunmukaista lähtöä. Lennot eivät odota myöhään kentälle saapuneita matkustajia. Lentoyhtiö saattaa peruuttaa matkustajan varauksen, ellei annettuja lähtöselvitysaikoja noudateta.
1. Monilla erikoishintaisilla lipuilla on säännöt, jotka saatttavat rajoittaa tai sulkea pois varausten muutosmahdollisuuden. Lippua peruutettaessa tai käyttämättä jätettäessä, lipun takaisinmaksuun saattaa myös liittyä rajoituksia. Ota yhteys lento- tai matkatoimistoon saadaksesi tietää lippusi tarkat säännöt.
2. Pyydämme ystävällisesti ilmoittamaan LOT Polish Airlinesille, mikäli haluat ottaa mukaasi ylimääräistä matkatavaraa.
3. Vaadittavien matkustusdokumenttien (esim. passi, voimassa oleva viisumi, rokotustodistukset) puuttuminen johtaa matkan peruuntumiseen, ilman että lentoyhtiölle koituu siitä maksuvelvollisuutta.
4. Lippua ei voi siirtää toiselle henkilölle.
5. Matkustajien ja matkatavaroiden kuljetus noudattaa voimassa olevaa lakia ja Yleisiä Kuljetusehtoja (matkustajat ja matkatavara), joita LOT Polish Airlines noudattaa.
VIRANOMAISTEN MÄÄRÄÄMÄT VEROT JA MUUT MAKSUT
Lipun hintaan voi sisältyä veroja ja muita lisämaksuja, jotka ovat viranomaisten määräämiä lentoliikenteelle. Nämä verot ja maksut, jotka yhdessä saattavat muodostaa huomattavan osan lentomatkan hinnasta, ovat joko sisällytetyt lennon hintaan tai näkyvät erillisinä lipun TAX/FEE/CHARGES-ruudussa. Sinulta voidaan myös veloittaa veroja ja maksuja, joita ei aikaisemmin ole veloitettu.
EVÄTTY KONEESEEN NOUSU YLIVARAUKSESTA JOHTUEN
Niissä maissa, joissa noudatetaan korvausmenettelyä tapauksissa, joissa matkustajalta evätään koneeseen nousu ylivarauksesta johtuen, on olemassa maksuohjelma niitä matkustajia varten, joiden varaus on vahvistettu, mutta jotka ylivarauksesta johtuen eivät mahdu mukaan lennolle. Tämän maksuohjelman tiedot on saatavissa lentoyhtiön toimistoista.
Jos matkustajan lentomatkan lopullinen kohde on muualla kuin lähtömaassa tai reitin varrella pysähdytään lähtömaan ulkopuolella, saatetaan soveltaa Varsovan tai Montrealin pöytäkirjan (28.5.1999) sääntöjä. Näiden pöytäkirjojen säädöksissä määrätään ja myös rajoitetaan lentoyhtiön vastuu kuolemantapauksissa ja henkilövahingoissa sekä matkatavaran vahingoittumisessa tai katoamisessa. LOT:n Kuljetusehdot on julkaistu kokonaisuudessaan näillä sivuilla englanniksi.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document. "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not "international carriage" as defined by these Conventions.
3. To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket; (ii) applicable tariffs; (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier or on the website www.lot.com), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
4. Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier's timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its Agent.
6. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for thebenefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
8. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
10. Passenger, shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
12. Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to and to retain the ticket of any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law, or carrier's rules or regulations or to any person presenting the ticket without being able to prove that he or she is the person named in the "NAME OF PASSENGER" box.
ADVICE TO PASSENGERS ON DOMESTIC FLIGHTS
The air transportation of passengers and their baggage on the basis of this ticket is subject to the rules and regulations of the Aviation Act dated July 3, 2002 (Journal of Law No 130, item 1112) and the executory regulations to the aforementioned act, the Civil Code, as well as the General Conditions of Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) Applied by LOT Polish Airlines.
The air ticket is a personal document and is not transferable.
The ground transportation to/from the airport is not covered by the air transportation agreement.
In case the passenger does not use the ticket, he is entitled to reimbursement of the amount paid in accordance with the applicable fare conditions. He is not entitled to such reimbursement after the lapse of one year from the expiry of the ticket validity date.The air carrier reserves the right to deduct costs resulting from an unused ticket. The passenger is entitled to carry, free of charge, up to 20 kilograms of baggage given under the custody of the air carrier. For excess weight of baggage over 20 kilograms the air carrier shall collect tariff charges.
The air carrier shall be liable for damage of goods carried by the passenger as cabin baggage only in case such damage was caused by his fault.
For safety reasons cabin baggage and some of the personal belongings may not be allowed to be carried in the cabin. This is subject to the decision of the competent authorities.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination.
For such passengers on a journey to, from, or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger*, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the Carrier.
For such passengers travelling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private Company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your Airline or Insurance Company Representative.
*Note: The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in the case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately US$9.07 per pound (US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline's baggage liability to be at least US$2,800.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
AIR CARRIER LIABILITY FOR PASSENGERS AND THEIR BAGGAGE
Basis for the information
The basis for the rules described below is the Montreal Convention of 28 May 1999, which is implemented in the Community by Regulation (EC) No. 2027/97 (as amended by Regulation (EC) No. 889/2002) and national legislation of the Member States.
Compensation in the case of death or injury
There are no financial limits to the liability for passenger injury or death. For damages up to 100.000 SDRs (approximately EUR 123.000) the air carrier cannot contest claims for compensation. Above that amount, the air carrier can defend itself against a claim by proving that it was not negligent or otherwise at fault.
If a passenger is killed or injured, the air carrier must make an advance payment, to cover immediate economic needs, within 15 days from the identification of the person entitled to compensation. In the event of death, this advance payment shall not be less than 16.000 SDRs (approximately EUR 20.000).
Delays in passengers' carriage
In case of delays in passengers' carriage, the air carrier is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures.The liability for passenger delay is limited to 4.150 SDRs (approximately EUR 5.100).
In case of baggage delay, the air carrier is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for baggage delay is limited to 1.000 SDRs (approximately EUR 1.230).
Destruction, loss or damage to baggage
The air carrier is liable for destruction, loss or damage to baggage up to 1.000 SDRs (approximately EUR 1.230). In the case of checked baggage, it is liable even if not at fault, unless the baggage was defective. In the case of unchecked baggage, the carrier is liable only if at fault.
Higher limits for baggage
A passenger can benefit from a higher liability limit by making a special declaration at the latest at check-in and by paying a supplementary fee.
Complaints on baggage
If the baggage is damaged, lost or destroyed, the passenger must write and complain to the air carrier as soon as possible. In the case of damage to checked baggage, the passenger must write and complain within seven days, and in the case of delay within 21 days, in both cases from the date on which the baggage was placed at the passenger's disposal.
Liability of contracting and actual carriers
If the air carrier actually performing the flight is not the same as the contracting air carrier, the passenger has the right to address a complaint or to make a claim for damages against either. If the name or code of an air carrier is indicated on the ticket, that air carrier is the contracting air carrier.
Time limit for action
Any action in court to claim damages must be brought within two years from the date of arrival of the aircraft, or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived.
For an airline journey to be covered by the Montreal Convention, it must be either
· a round-trip journey from a country that has ratified Montreal Convention
· a one-way journey in which both the country of origin and the country of destination have both ratified Montreal Convention.
Otherwise, in most cases, the Warsaw Convention will still be applicable.
* * *
The information included herein may not give rise to indemnity claims or be the grounds for interpreting the law being currently in force. Its intended purpose is merely to remind the passengers about their more important rights and the conditions of the carrier's liability.
If your journey also involves carriage by other airlines, you should contact them for information on their limits of liability.
DANGEROUS ARTICLES IN BAGGAGE
For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below, must not be carried in passenger's baggage:
1. Compressed gases (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders.
2. Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries.
3. Explosives, munitions, ammunition, fireworks and flares.
4. Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, rectified spirit. Matches may be carried on the person.
5. Radioactive materials.
6. Brief-cases and attache cases with installed alarm devices.
7. Oxidising materials such as bleaching powder, peroxides.
8. Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
9. Other dangerous articles such as magnetised material, offensive or irritating materials, apparatus containing mercury.
Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities which are necessary or appropriate for the passenger during the journey, such as hairsprays, perfumes and medicines containing alcohol may be carried. Many of these listed articles can be carried as air cargo provided they are packed in accordance with cargo regulations.Further information is available on request.
For safety reasons, cabin baggage on LOT Polish Airlines flights may not exceed the following dimensions: 115 cm (45 in) i.e. 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (22" x 16" x 8") and its weight must not exceed 6 kg. Business class passengers may carry a second piece, not larger than 100 cm (40in) i.e. 45 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm (18" x 14" x 8"). The total weight of these two pieces must not exceed 9 kg.
The following additional items are also allowed free of charge:
· one small size handbag /purse
· one coat or cape or blanket
· one umbrella or walking stick
· one small camera/ binoculars
· one pair of crutches or fully collapsible wheelchair, if required during the flight
· food and infant's carrying basket, if required during the flight.
An infant's carrying basket/ collapsible pushchair or invalid's fully collapsible wheelchair are carried free of charge in the passenger cabin where storage facilities are available.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - CHECKED BAGGAGE
You must not include in checked baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, samples, passports or other identification documents, optical instruments, medicines or keys. If, despite being prohibited, any of above mentioned items are included in your checked baggage, LOT Polish Airlines shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to such items. Besides, checked baggage should be properly packed for air transportation and it is highly recommended to mark baggage with passenger's name, permanent address and telephone number on the inside and passenger's name with destination address on the outside of baggage.
For safety reasons the usage of mobile telephones, walkie-talkies, radio transmitters and receivers is not allowed at all times on board the aircraft.
Other types of electronic devices such as laptops/portable computers and CD players can be used on board according to announcements.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(For non-Air Transportation and/or service)
1. This Order and any carriage covered by it are subject to currently effective and applicable tariffs, conditions of carriage, rules and regulations of the issuer and of the carrier to whom it is directed and of any carrier performing carriage under the ticket or tickets, issued in exchange for this Order.
2. Except as otherwise provided in its tariffs, conditions of carriage or rules and regulations, neither the issuer nor any carrier shall be liable to the purchaser or passenger named on the face hereof in the event of the loss or theft of this Order or if it is honoured when presented by any person other than the one named hereon.
3. In issuing this Order the issuer acts only as agent for the carrier or carriers furnishing the carriage described herein and the issuer shall not be liable for any loss, damage or delay which may be occasioned by, or occur on the lines of, any such carrier or by reason of cancellation of reservations or passage or failure to honour this Order. This Order is not valid unless properly validated by the issuer.
4. In issuing this Order as an Order upon tour operators, hotels or other persons offering tour services or other services or facilities, the issuer acts only as agent for the tour operators, hotels or other persons upon whom this Order is drawn and the arrangements, including those with owners or contractors providing surface or other transportation, made by such tour operators, hotels or other persons and the services rendered by them are subject to any and all terms and conditions under which such arrangements are made or such services are offered or provided as well as to the laws of the country wherein they are performed.
The acceptance of this Order by the person named on the face hereof, or by person purchasing this Order on behalf of such named person, shall be deemed to be consent to and acceptance by such person or persons of further condition that neither the issuer nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies shall be liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury, damage, or delay to, or in respect of, any person or property arising out of or in connection with such surface or other transportation, accommodations, arrangements or other services.
5. The honouring office reserves the right to obtain authorisation from the issuing office prior to honouring this Order. The price of the services covered by this Order is subject to change before its utilisation.