We use cookies to enhance the service on lot.com.
Should you not wish to have cookies sent to your hard disk please change the settings on your browser accordingly.

Privacy and cookies policy for lot.comopens in new window

Excerpt from clauseopens in new window 

Back to home page

Your settings

Your account

Travel to / from USA - Electronic Travel Authorization System (ESTA)

Before travel, please make sure you have the appropriate documents such as a valid passport, visa (if required) or other document (such as an ID card) that authorize you to enter the territory of a foreign country.

On November 11, 2019, Poland joined the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). So if you are going to the United States for less than 90 days for tourist or business purposes with a Polish or other passport of a country participating in the VWP program* you are not required to have a visa. However, electronic travel authorization to / from the United States (ESTA - Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is required. You can register online: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/.

If you have a valid US visa, you do not need to apply for ESTA.


  • The ESTA application must be submitted no later than 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
  • If you travel without a visa - only with registration in the ESTA system, you must have a return ticket from the USA on the day of departure.
  • If you have changed your passport and/or name, or if your previous ESTA has expired, the regulations require you to resubmit an application for a new ESTA authorization.
  • When completing the ESTA application, please provide accurate information and save it in the same way as it appears on your passport.

For all information about traveling to the US, please visit the US Embassy's website: https://pl.usembassy.gov/.

* Countries whose citizens require ESTA registration: Poland, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein , Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom.

Travel to / from USA - Visa

Polish citizens who intend to travel to the United States for more than 90 days or plan to take actions requiring other visa categories (e.g. work or study in the United States) will still have to apply for the appropriate visa category. Applicants who have been refused in the ESTA system will also have to apply for the visa.

Customs declaration form and visa to USA