Children under 12 are allowed to travel alone only if assisted by our ground staff and cabin crew. Children over 12 are allowed to travel alone or be assisted by our staff on the parents’ request. Children do not need to be assisted if they are travelling with a person over 16.
How to use our assistance
The assistance can be booked at lot sales offices or via our lot Contact Center (+48 22 577 77 55). The escort and assistance services come with an additional fee (for each flight, for example KRK-WAW and WAW-JFK). More information available in the Additional feesOpen in new window section.
The parents or guardians of children travelling alone are required to print and complete an Request for carriage, (for travel since 1st September 2018), it is required to fill the form which is available directly at the check-in counter.
The child's age
Children under 5 Children between 8 weeks and 5 years old who travel alone are under our special supervision. A dedicated cabin crew member will accompany your child from the check-in until they are met by a designated adult at the destination airport. Children from 5 to 12 We offer a special assistance service for children aged between 5 and 12 who travel alone. The care is provided by a member of the lot cabin crew and ground staff designated at the airport. Young people from 12 to 17 Young people aged from 12 to 17 may travel alone without assistance. Upon a special request of their parents or guardians, they may travel under the supervision of a member of the cabin crew. The care is provided like in case of children from 5 to 12.
The child has to be brought to the airport by a parent or guardian. note: Please be advised that it is necessary for the parent or guardian to remain at the airport until take-off in case the flight is cancelled.
- We have prepared a special Family Check-in counter designed for children travelling with lot. Passengers have to check in no later than 60 minutes before departure for international flights or 30 minutes for domestic flights.
- At the check-in, the parent completes an Air Carrier Care Instruction.
- The child is given a special neck bag containing all the documents, the passport and the boarding pass.
- The child’s luggage is marked with a special tag, which makes it easier to recognise the luggage at pick-up.
- Your child will be assisted by our ground staff from check-in until boarding.
- The ground staff will escort your child swiftly through the security control process.
- Your child will board the aircraft before other passengers.
- On board, it will be taken care of by our cabin crew.
- The ground staff will pick up your child from the aircraft and help collect the luggage.
- Upon landing, a designated ground staff member will escort your child to the exit and leave them only with the person designated by you.
note: The escort service involves a cabin crew member taking care of your child at each stage of the journey.
The escort and assistance services come with an additional fee (for each flight, for example KRK-WAW and WAW-JFK). For information on fees, please contact our sales officesOpen in new window or lot Contact Center (+48 22 577 77 55).
If your child travels from Italy. Please be advised that while checking in, children under 14 travelling alone must present a declaration signed by both parents, available at every police station in Italy.
If your child travels from France. Please be advised that children and adolescents can travel alone only with parents’ or guardian’s consent who are obliged to complete the document “AUTHORIZATION TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY”.
Click here to download document.