You can easily carry your favourite musical instrument in our planes. Check what you should know.
Musical instruments on board
- You can take small musical equipment on board as part of your carry-on baggage, the dimensions of which should be 55 x 40 x 23 cm. Total sum of dimensions should not exceed 118 cm. Remember to place the equipment under the preceding seat.
- If you need to take a larger instrument (e.g., a cello or a guitar) on board, contact LOT Contact Center (opens in a new tab). In such a case, book an extra adjoining seat. Our consultant will check availability on the flight concerned and calculate the cost of such service (CBBG).Please note that the purchase of a ticket together with the service of carrying a large instrument on board, must be done at the same time, so it is necessary to purchase through our Help Center.
Musical instruments in the baggage compartment
- You will carry larger musical equipment free of charge if it does not exceed the free baggage limit (tariff with checked baggage). Total dimensions should be 158 cm.
- If total dimensions exceed 158 cm, rates stated in the table will apply.
We know that musical equipment has to be carried in a particularly responsible manner, so we take care of it at every stage of the journey. Remember to pack your equipment adequately before submitting it to the baggage compartment. Put your instrument into a hard package and make sure no parts are protruding
Fees for the transport of musical equipment in the baggage compartment
- 100 PLN/25 EUR/30 USD/35 CAD on domestic flights within Poland (+ VAT 8%),
- 250 PLN/60 EUR/70 USD/90 CAD on short- and midhaul flights within Europe, the Middle East (i.g UAE, Saudi Arabia) and Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan),
- 450 PLN/105 EUR/125 USD/160 CAD on long-haul flights to/from North America and East Asia.
The fee applies to one-way trips.