Ticket for a child
Booking a ticket
Did you know that younger travelers are entitled to special discounts? Remember to provide your child’s age when creating your reservation – the amount of the discount depends on it.
- The discount for infants under 2 years of age is 90% off the standard fare on international routes and 100% on domestic flights. It applies to children who sit on their guardian’s lap for the entire trip.
- Children from 2 to 12 years are entitled to a 25% discount off the standard fare on international routes, 40% on domestic flights, and their own seat. On selected European routes the discount may not apply.
Children under 12 must travel with a guardian who is at least 16 years old. When one adult is traveling with two infants under 2 years of age, one of the children will require a ticket with a separate seat. Additionally, they must travel in a car seat, equipped with its own seat belt..
Children must be included on the same reservation as the accompanying adult.
If you can’t accompany your child during the trip, check out our assistance service (UMNR).
Children below 2 years of age
In the LOT Economy Saver tariff, children are eligible to:
- carry-on baggage up to 8 kg (dimensions 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm),
- a personal item (max. 2kg, dimensions 40 cm x 35 cm x 12 cm), e.g. a small backpack, a handbag or a bumbag/pouch,
- an extra bag with necessities (e.g. special food).
In addition to the above, other tariffs include checked baggage up to 23 kg.
Children above 2 years of age
The same free-of-charge baggage limit as for adults in every cabin class.
» Read more about travelling with children
The youngest passengers below 2 years of age travelling on the guardian's lap:
- As part of your free baggage limit, you can take a foldable stroller or a car seat, which will be collected from you before boarding the aircraft and handed back to you after disembarking.
Children at the 2-12 years of age or below 2 years of age with a separate seat booked:
- As part of your free baggage limit, you can take a foldable stroller and a car seat. In this case, the staff will collect the stroller before boarding and you will take the car restraint system with you on board.
Please note that an infant below 2 years of age who occupies a separate seat must travel in a special car seat.
Check whether your stroller has any protruding parts that may easily fall off and make sure that they are adequately secured.
If you decide that you do not need a stroller during your travel, hand it in at the check-in counter and collect it upon arrival. Don’t worry if your child suddenly wants to use a stroller in the transfer area – free strollers are available at Warsaw Chopin Airport.
On long-haul flights operated by Boeing 787 'Dreamliners, your little one will travel in a true royal style.
Order free (for two people in a reservation) bassinet service through LOT Contact Center at least 7 days before departure. On board you will also be given a pillow and duvet so that your child can spend the duration of the flight in comfort. Due to seating restrictions, we suggest that you order the bassinet service as soon as you purchase your ticket to ensure that it is confirmed.
The child who will be traveling in the special bassinet should weigh no more than 12 kilograms and be no more than 75 centimetres tall on the day of the flight. The dimensions of the bassinet on board are: 84 cm x 40 cm.
It is not possible to bring your own bassinet on board our aircraft, but we guarantee that the available bassinets will meet your child’s needs.