Baggage on long-haul flights
Check out the applicable limits for carry-on and checked baggage on flights from/to China, India, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, South Korea and the USA.
1. Carry-on baggage
Check the applicable limits depending on the class in which you are going to travel and your final destination:
|Flights||LOT Business Class||LOT Premium Economy||LOT Economy Class|
Flights to/from China, India, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, South Korea
|2 x 9 kg||
2 x up to 12 kg in total
(1 x 8 kg)
|1 x 8 kg|
|Flights to/from the Unites States of America||1 x 12 kg||1 x 10 kg||1 x 8 kg|
- Carry-on luggage should fit in the overhead locker on board or under the passenger seat in front.
- Dimensions of each item of baggage should not exceed 55 cm of height, 40 cm of width, and 23 cm of depth. Total sum of dimensions should not exceed 118 cm.
- If your carry-on baggage exceeds the allowed limit, an additional charge will apply. Check out the charges excess carry-on baggage.
In addition, included in the price of your ticket, you may take one of the following items as your carry-on baggage:
- a handbag/men's bag or a small backpack or a sachet/fanny pack (max. 2kg, dimensions 40 cm x 35 cm x 12 cm),
- a laptop,
- an umbrella,
- a small photo camera or a pair of binoculars.
Apart from one of the above mentioned it is allowed to take:
- for persons travelling with children - a collapsible pram or stroller, and baby food
- for disabled persons - a wheelchair (it will be put in the baggage hold before boarding and returned upon landing), crutches or other medical equipment for personal use
2. Checked baggage
See what checked baggage limits you are entitled to depending on your travel class and destination:
|Destinations||LOT Business Class||LOT Premium Economy||LOT Economy Class|
Flights from/to Canada, India, Kazakhstan, South Korea and USA
|3 x 32 kg||2 x 23 kg||1 x 23 kg||1 x 23 kg||0|
Flights to/from China;
Flights between Canada/USA and India
|3 x 32 kg||2 x 23 kg||2 x 23 kg||2 x 23 kg||0|
Flights from/to Japan
|3 x 32 kg||2 x 23 kg||2 x 23 kg||1 x 23 kg||0|
- Dimensions of one baggage item must not exceed 158 cm (height + width + depth).
- If your baggage exceeds the allowed free-of-charge limit (in terms of weight, quantity or dimensions), an additional charge will apply. Read the charges for excess baggage .