*International flights - When buying a ticket in LOT Economy Simple, you can buy the first piece of checked baggage at a reduced price (60 PLN/20 USD/20 CAD/15 EUR each way).
**Domestic flights - When buying a ticket in LOT Economy Simple, you can buy the first piece of checked baggage at a reduced price (54 PLN/15 USD/19 CAD/13 EUR each way).
|Class of travel
||SEN, HON, Star Alliance Gold
|LOT Business Class
||+ 1 piece + golf + ski (ex. US, CA)
|LOT Economy Plus/
LOT Premium Class
|+ 1 piece + golf + ski (ex. US, CA)
|LOT Economy Class
||+ 1 piece + golf + ski (ex. US, CA)
||+ 1 piece up to 23 kg
- The size of each piece of baggage is limited to 158 cm in total (width + height + depth).
- Miles & More status passengers are permitted a more generous allowance. The weight is depended on the class of travel per above table.
- Children under 2 years old (INF), not occupying a seat, are permitted 1 PC of baggage up to 23 kg (with the three dimension of 158 cm) regardless of class of travel or destination.
- Baggage exceeding the limits by pieces or dimension will be subject to additional fees at check-in.
It is strongly advised that checked baggage not contain the following items:
- valuables, including cash,
- precious metals, jewelry,
- commercial documents or samples, passports, identification documents or other important papers,
- electronic devices or optical instruments (including computers, laptops, cameras, mobile telephones, video equipment, glasses) or medications, keys, etc.,
- items that are not suited for transport because of their properties and characteristics, such as weight, size, vulnerability to spoiling, breakage, or crushing, or other particular sensitivity,
- dangerous or hazardous items that can pose a danger to the aircraft or to people or items on board the aircraft.
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles in their hold baggage:
explosives and incendiary substances and devices, explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft, including: ammunition, blasting caps, detonators and fuses, stores, fireworks and other pyrotechnics, smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges, dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives - mines, grenades and other explosive military.
A list of selected hazardous materials permitted to carry only in checked baggage (not permitted in hand baggage)
- Camping stoves and fuel tanks containing flammable fuel can be transported, provided that the tank has been emptied and any necessary precautions have been taken to prevent accident.
- Wheelchairs or other mobility-assistance equipment, powered by dry batteries, provided that the battery is disconnected, its terminals are insulated against short circuits, and the battery is securely installed in the chair. Note: Wheelchairs and other mobility-assistance equipment powered by gel batteries do not need to be disconnected from power, provided that their terminals are insulated to prevent short circuits.
- Wheelchairs or other mobility-assistance equipment powered by standard acid-filled batteries.
- Aerosols with no additional risk for sports or household use.
In the interest of safety, your baggage may be checked by the Security Services, for whose actions and the outcomes of those actions the carrier is not responsible, in accordance with the General Conditions of Transport.
NOTICE: The carrier may refuse to accept checked baggage if it is not packed in a manner that guarantees safe carriage when handled with the exercise of an ordinary level of diligence. LOT recommends precise labeling of baggage with an address tag or label. The carrier does not take responsibility for easily crushed or spoiled items, nor for cash, jewelry or other valuables, documents, commercial samples, etc. The carriage of these items takes place exclusively at the passenger's own risk and responsibility.