PZU Assistance in travel by LOT
Are you going on vacations or maybe planning business trip? With travel insurance you don’t have to worry about complications or extra expenses. PZU prepared three insurance options, so you can select the one that suites you best.
Benefits of choosing travel insurance.
Option 1: Cancellation insurance
PZU will protect you from the moment of beginning the trip.
Sometimes plans change and you have to resign from travel for example you or your travel partner get injured or ill. Having this insurance you will get:
- Plane ticket refund
- Other cost (accommodation, rented car and organized trip) refund up to 2250 PLN
Option 2: Travel insurance without cancellation
Protection from the moment you leave house till you get back. Check what PZU has to offer:
If you get ill or injured. PZU will protect and pay for:
- Costs of doctor appointment or hospital treatment
- Medical transport to your home
- Benefit for each 24-hour stay at a hospital
Support after the accident. PZU will pay you money if:
- You will get seriously injured during the accident ( broken leg, twisted knee)
- Due to an accident you will lose your life, your relatives will received money from the insurance
Troubles with luggage? Leave it to PZU, and it will:
- Pay out the compensation, if someone will break in to your hotel room or other headquarters and steal or damage your luggage
- Return the costs of buying necessary things like cosmetics and clothes, if your luggage will be delivered to you with at least 12 hour delay.
Your documents has been lost, broken or stolen? In this situation you can also count on PZU that will:
- Give you information on how to get replacement documents
- Cover the costs of getting replacement documents that are necessary to continue the journey
PZU will pay you compensation if:
- The money you had with you during the journey was stolen
- Your money has disappeared from the safe
Your travel is being delayed ? PZU will pay you money if:
- You cancelled your trip, due to at least 24h flight delay or
- For each full 12 hour trip delay
Missed flight departure? PZU will pay you back the extra costs of getting to the airport in case of:
- Breakdown or an accident of the car you have been travelling
- Delay of public transport
You got sick or had an accident and you have to go back sooner than expected? PZU will cover:
- Transport costs of the return journey
- Incurred costs for the period by which the organized leisure was shortened
Sum insured, that is the maximal amount that PZU will cover in case of an accident:
- Organization of medical assistance and payment of medical expenses: 500 000 PLN
- Hospital treatment: 65 PLN for each full 24-hour stay at a hospital up to 3 250 PLN
- Consequences of accidents: 45 000 PLN
- Loss, destruction or damage of personal items and travel luggage: 4 500 PLN
- Loss of documents: 1 000 PLN
- Loss of cash: 1 250 PLN
- Trip delay: 350 PLN for each 12h delay but not more than 1400 PLN
- Travel cancellation: 2 250 PLN
- Missed flight departure: 900 PLN
- Travel shortening: 2 250 PLN
- Civil liability of natural persons in private life: 500 000 PLN
- Legal expenses: 20 000 PLN
Option 3: Travel insurance with cancellation
Select this type of insurance and benefit comprehensive travel protection. This option includes all of the benefits mentioned in previous options.
These are only a few benefits offered by PZU. You will find more details in:
Want to submit the damage or call for help?
Call PZU (22) 5051460, line open 24/7*
Call PZU (22) 505 14 60, if:
- you have questions about the travel insurance
- want to change or cancel the insurance
The line is open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 18:00*
This text is not an offer within the meaning of art. 66 of the Civil Code. The text has only an informational character. Detail information on travel insurance, including exclusions and limitations of PZU SA's liability, you will find in the general insurance conditions.
*Fee charged as per the operator’s tariff
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the scope of travel cancellation insurance?
If the insured person has taken out a cancellation insurance, then, upon occurrence of the following events, PZU will reimburse travel costs incurred by the insured person that are not recoverable as a result of travel cancellation: purchase of a flight ticket (including a return ticket), organised leisure time, accommodation, car rental:
- unfortunate accident, sudden illness, death of the insured person/travel companion or their close persons,
- complications of pregnancy diagnosed by a specialist doctor,
- burglary or damage caused by fortuitous events at the place of residence of the insured person/travel companion,
- the insured person/travel companion is compelled to appear before the administrative authorities of Poland or of the country of permanent residence,
- termination of an employment contract with the insured person/travel companion.
The insurance also extends to the risk of cancellation of a return trip if the insured person is, for medical reasons, required to remain abroad after the scheduled date of return and if they cannot use the original return ticket. PZU reimburses the costs of purchase of a return ticket incurred by the insured person. The detailed scope and exclusions are set out in the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance.
What is the scope of travel insurance?
Travel insurance is composed of 11 insurance elements:
- Medical and repatriation expenses - insurance in the event of a sudden illness or an unfortunate accident while travelling, PZU will arrange for and cover the costs of: treatment abroad, transport from the place of accident to the doctor’s office or hospital, and even from abroad to the place of residence, including a corpse to the burial site in Poland, search and rescue operations in the event of going missing in the mountains, on land and on water, guardian’s costs during travel, and will reimburse medical expenses incurred by the insured person abroad, e.g. the costs of purchase of medicines prescribed by a doctor abroad
- Hospital benefit insurance - in the event of a sudden illness or an unfortunate accident, the insured person is hospitalised while travelling, PZU will pay them a hospital benefit
- Flight delay or cancellation insurance - PZU pays a benefit for each full 12-hour delay of a scheduled flight, for which the insured person had purchased a ticket, in relation to the planned departure time and solely attributable to a change in the planned departure time, and reimburses unused travel costs incurred by the insured person, if they cancelled the travel due to the delay of the scheduled flight for which they had purchased the ticket, which is at least 24 hours in relation to the planned departure time and attributable to a change in the planned departure time
- Missed departure insurance - PZU will cover additional travel costs that the insured person incurred until the next possible departure to the place of destination if they had been late to the airport due to a breakdown or accident of a car, including a taxi, or a delay of public transport
- Travel curtailment insurance - PZU reimburses the insured person for the costs incurred by them in respect of the period by which the scheduled leisure was curtailed, and which are not recoverable, and the costs of a return trip if the trip was curtailed as a result of: • an unfortunate accident, sudden illness or death of the insured person, travel companion or a close person of the insured person or travel companion • damage at the place of residence caused by a fortuitous event, provided that it was absolutely necessary for the insured person or the travel companion to attend legal or administrative actions • the insured person or the travel companion are compelled to appear before the administrative authorities of the Republic of Poland or of the country of permanent residence, except where summoned by military authorities
- Travel baggage insurance - PZU pays a benefit in the event that baggage is lost, damaged or destroyed during travel as a result of: a fortuitous event, a rescue operation carried out in connection with a fortuitous event, an accident in land, water or air transport, theft, burglary, robbery, unfortunate accident, sudden illness or a sharp deterioration of a health condition where the insured person was deprived of the opportunity to take care of the baggage. If the baggage reaches the place of stay of the insured person with a delay of no less than 12 hours in relation to the planned date, PZU covers the costs incurred for the purchase of basic necessities, such as: clothing, toiletries, medicines, and mobility aids
- Passport, ID card and driving license insurance - in the event of documents being stolen, lost or damaged, PZU will arrange for assistance and cover the costs of: • providing information on the necessary steps to obtain replacement documents • issuing replacement documents necessary to enable the insured person to return, including related fees • costs of travel incurred in order to obtain these documents
- Cash insurance - PZU will reimburse the insured person for cash lost during travel as a result of being stolen or going missing
- Unfortunate accident insurance - PZU pays the benefit if, as a result of an unfortunate accident taking place during the insured person’s travel, the insured person sustains a permanent detriment to health in the form of blindness or limb loss, becomes permanently incapable for work or dies
- Civil liability in private life insurance - PZU pays the benefit to the injured person if, while travelling abroad, the insured person caused personal injury or property damage to a third party
- Legal costs insurance - PZU covers or reimburses the fees of a lawyer retained by the insured person abroad, costs of legal opinions, incurred by the insured person to protect the legitimate interests of the insured person relating to private life activities while travelling outside of Poland, in connection with the insured person pursuing their own compensation claims for: torts and personal injuries, detriment to health, illness or a medical condition for which third parties are liable
The detailed scope and exclusions are set out in the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance.
I wish to get an invoice for insurance.
The certificate that the customer receives is also an accounting document within the meaning of Article 21(1) of the Accounting Act.
I have received no insurance certificate and no documents.
The document is sent to the email address specified at the time of entering into an insurance contract. You should check the SPAM inbox first. In order to have the certificate sent again, please contact the PZU SA hotline for PLL LOT customers at (22) 505 14 60 – the hotline is available from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
What is the scope of my insurance?
The scope of insurance is set out in the certificate and the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance available at the PLL LOT website. For detailed information on the scope of your insurance, please contact the PZU SA hotline for PLL LOT customers at (22) 505 14 60 – the hotline is available from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
I want to cancel my policy. What should I do?
In order to cancel your policy or rescind from your contract, please contact the PZU SA hotline for PLL LOT customers at (22) 505 14 60 – the hotline is available from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Where to make a claim or call for required PZU assistance abroad?
In order to make a claim or call for PZU assistance and comply with formalities relating to e.g. covering the costs of hospital stay, please contact the PZU SA hotline for PLL LOT customers at (22) 505 14 60 – the hotline is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Does travel insurance cover me during the flight only or throughout the whole stay?
Depending on the option you have purchased:
- travel cancellation insurance – coverage applies from the day following the execution of the insurance contract, but not earlier than from the day following the payment of the insurance premium until the commencement of the trip,
- travel insurance – coverage begins at the time when the trip begins in Poland, i.e. the insured person ultimately leaves home in order to go directly on the trip, but not earlier than from the day following the execution of the insurance contract and payment of the premium, and continues until the end of the insurance period specified in the certificate, but not later than until the insured person returns home or to a medical facility in Poland.
Is travel cancellation due to a pregnancy complication included?
Travel cancellation due to a pregnancy complication is covered if it has been confirmed by an obstetrician and evidenced by a medical certificate stating that the trip must be cancelled.
How does coverage apply? Should I contact PZU first if I need to visit a doctor or should I do it on my own and then submit invoices?
Whenever you need to benefit from your insurance, you should first call PZU at (22) 505 14 60 and agree the relevant details.
What documents are required in order to report travel cancellation due to illness?
The type of documents required to make a claim depends on the circumstances of the event underlying travel cancellation.