2b) Regulations of Extra Legroom Bidding
APPENDIX NO. 7 TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ELECTRONIC PROVISION OF SERVICES BY PLL LOT S.A. of 1 September 2023
1. The Passenger shall be entitled to present to Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT S.A. based in Warsaw (”Airline”) an offer concerning obtaining an Extra Legroom Bidding.
2. Offers can only be made on selected flights operated by the Airline on the condition that the Passenger has a valid Airline ticket in LOT Economy Class for the flight concerned.
3. The offer may be submitted via the website, by going through the link located in the "Favorite Seat" tab, following the instructions there or through links placed in email correspondence with the Passenger.
4. The Passenger who submits the Offer confirms - by ticking the check box - that the Offer binds the Passenger as from the moment of its submission until being accepted by the Airline (offer binding period). The Airline will inform the Passenger about accepting or rejecting the Passenger’s Offer no later than 23 hours before the planned flight time.
5. The submitted Offer may be revised or cancelled as long as it has not already been accepted by the Airline, but not later than 36 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time, which the Airline hereby accepts.
6. Persons submitting the Offer must have full legal capacity. If the Offer is submitted on behalf of another person(s), the submitter of the Offer should hold a valid authorization to act for and on behalf of the given Passenger.
7. An Offer submitted by the Passenger in connection with a booking made with the Airline shall entitle the person(s) named in the Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to apply for a Extra Legroom Bidding. If more than one traveller exists in the original flight booking, the offer applies to each traveller. The offered amount shall be multiplied by the number of persons included in the original flight booking. Prior to submitting his credit card details, the Passenger shall become familiar with the total amount due for the Offer.
8. Granting the Extra Legroom depends on the Airline’s possibilities, in particular the number of seats available in the LOT Economy Class.
9. Up to 23 hours before the planned flight, the Passenger will receive an email with information on whether the Offer has been accepted.
10. If the Offer is accepted by the Airline, the Passenger will be required to pay the proposed in the Offer, subject to the provisions of paragraphs 13 and 14 below.
11. In the event the Airline accepts the Offer, the Passenger's credit card shall be charged with the full amount immediately upon such acceptance, and the Airline shall grant an Extra Legroom to each traveller included in the Passenger's original flight booking. The total amount charged shall include all applicable pre-payable taxes and fees (if any) in respect of the Extra Legroom Bidding. If the Offer is accepted, the Passenger will receive email message. It shall inform the Passenger that the Offer has been accepted and that the Extra Legroom Bidding has been completed. The new assigned seat should appear on the boarding pass. A Extra Legroom that has been issued by the Airline cannot be assigned or transferred in whole or in part to another person or flight except as specified in Article 7 herein.
12. In the event the Airline does not accept the Passenger's Offer, the Passenger shall be informed by e-mail, no amount shall be charged to the Passenger's credit card, there shall be no Extra Legroom Bidding and the Passenger shall retain his original ticket without any additional cost incurred.
13. In the event the Airline cancels the flight and re-accommodates the Passenger to another flight operated by PLL LOT, any Offer made in relation to the original booking may be transferred to the new flight(s), subject always to the availability of seats in LOT Economy Class. If, for any reason, there are not enough seats available in the higher class of service to fulfil the Passenger's Extra Legroom Bidding (only where the Passenger's original Offer has been accepted), any amounts paid by the Passenger for the Offer shall be refunded to the credit card that was used for making payment for the Extra Legroom Bidding. If the booking is changed to a flight operated by other airline, the Extra Legroom Bidding will not be transfered to such flight operated by other airline. In this case any amounts paid by you for the Offer shall be refunded to the credit card that was used for making payment for the Extra Legroom Bidding in accordance with the above rules.
14. There shall be no possibility of refunding or replacing the Extra Legroom Bidding once the Offer has been accepted by the Airline, except any of the following circumstances occurred:
- The flight for which the Passenger's Offer was accepted was cancelled.
- The flight for which the Passenger's Offer was accepted and the Airline re-accommodated the Passenger onto another flight but in the class of service of his original booking.
- The Passenger's Offer was accepted and the Passenger was given the Extra Legroom, but the Passenger was not granted a seat in the LOT Economy Class of service for reasons attributable to the Airline, including, but not limited to, a change in the type of aircraft, a delay in the connecting flight due to which the Passenger missed the flight c, but excluding reasons attributable to the Passenger, including, but not limited to, the Passenger's decision to change the booking, or if the Passenger missed the flight.
In the case of a refund, the amount paid in respect of the Extra Legroom Bidding shall be refunded to the credit card that was used for making payment for the Offer.
15. Any refunds to the credit card shall be processed in the currency in which payment was made for the Extra Legroom Bidding.
16. After obtaining the Extra Legroom, the travel conditions issued for the original ticket remain valid. This concerns, amongst others: conditions of cancellation and return of the ticket, fee for a change of booking, luggage limits, and rules of adding miles.
17. The Airline does not guarantee the assignment of specific seats to Passengers whose Offers shall be accepted and who have been granted an Extra Legroom.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Polish law.
19. These provisions are subject to the General Conditions of Carriage of Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT S.A., available in the “Regulations” tab.