The United Kingdom - with a visit to the King
Inquisitive and spontaneous travellers, aesthetes and wanderers, single persons, couples in love, and families with children - the United Kingdom is open to everyone! Go on a trip to one of the world's most diverse and tolerant countries. Take tea with the Royal Family in Buckingham Palace, admire antiquities in the British Museum and go on a shopping spree at Oxford Street. This is London for you! And your further trip looks as superb - the luxurious Windsor Castle, the mysterious Stonehenge circles, the scenic Lake District, the Roman SPA in Bath... Everything which the (Polish) soul might desire! Check out all delights of the United Kingdom and book flights to the UK!
Check out the prices for airline tickets to the United Kingdom
Plan your trip
Are you flying to the United Kingdom? Check also car rentals, comfortable hotels, tourist attractions and much more!
Choose tourist attractions in the United Kingdom
have you booked your ticket to the United Kingdom yet? It's time to plan your holidays! Choose the best option for yourself.
Here are some facts about the UK before you book flights to England:
1. There are over 6,000 islands in the UK, including the largest of them Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Jersey and Guernsey are next in size.
2. London is the capital of England and the largest city in Great Britain. It is one of the largest cities in the world, both in terms of the city itself and the entire agglomeration (nearly 15 million inhabitants).
3. England is the birthplace of football. The first football club in the world, Sheffield FC, was founded in 1857. In England, the first football league in the world - The Football League - was founded in 1888.
4. The English Parliament is based in the Palace of Westminster. It is one of the oldest parliamentary institutions in the world, founded in 1265.
5. Queen Elizabeth II was the second-longest-reigning monarch in British history and the longest-verified reign of any female head of state in history. With her reign of 70 years and 214 days, she surpassed her great-grandmother, Queen Victoria (63 years and 216 days).
6. In England you will find the oldest pub in the world, Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, which has been welcoming guests since 789.
7. Great Britain is also known for tea. It appeared in England in the 17th century and became a drink that consumption is still prevalent today. Afternoon teas are a regular ritual called Five o'clock.
8. There are many recognized universities in England, including the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. They are two of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world.
These are just a few interesting facts about Great Britain. Do not hesitate any longer and book your flights to England soon.