'Instant Upgrade' Terms of Service
1. The Service Recipient is entitled to purchase the service involving an improvement of the standard of travel on a PLL LOT flight for which the Service Recipient already has purchased a ticket in the LOT Economy Class or LOT Premium Economy on the following terms:
- From the LOT Economy Class initially covered by the purchased air ticket to the LOT Business Class,
- From the LOT Premium Economy initially covered by the purchased air ticket to the LOT Business Class,
- From the LOT Economy Class initially covered by the purchased air ticket to the LOT Premium Economy,
2. The Instant Upgrade service can be purchased only for selected flights operated by PLL LOT and for PLL LOT connections with the air ticket already purchased in LOT Economy or LOT Premium Economy.
3. The "Instant Upgrade" service can be purchased via the Website by completing the form in the "LOT Upgrade" tab, following the instructions therein not earlier than 72 hours before the flight.
4. The Instant Upgrade service depends on the availability of seats on board of the aircraft in the higher class to which the Upgrade relates.
5. The Instant Upgrade service cannot be modified or cancelled after the purchase.
6. If the initial booking covers more than one person the purchase of an Upgrade shall cover all the persons named in the initial booking.
7. If the Service Recipient purchases the Instant Upgrade on behalf of another person(s) the Service Recipient shall have an appropriate authorisation to act on behalf of that person(s).
8. If the Upgrade purchase refers to more than one person the unit price offered for the Upgrade will be multiplied by the number of people covered by the initial booking. The Service Recipient shall be informed about the total amount due for the Upgrade for all people.
9. The purchase of the Instant Upgrade service entails the Service Recipient’s waiver of previously purchased additional services such as My Favourite Seat, which cannot be provided in a higher class for objective reasons and PLL LOT is not obliged to reimburse the Service Recipient for the costs associated with its purchase. In the case of services previously purchased by the Service Recipient such as Fast Track, Business Lounge or Premium Meal, which are available free of charge in higher classes, PLL LOT is not obliged to reimburse the Service Recipient for the costs associated with their purchase prior to the purchase of the Upgrade and its acceptance by PLL LOT.
10. The purchase of an Upgrade by PLL LOT does not change the tariff terms for the initially purchased air ticket when it comes to the terms of ticket cancellation and return, charges for a booking change and luggage limits. Such terms remain the same as for the initially purchased air ticket in the LOT Economy or LOT Premium Economy class.
11. In the case of purchase of the Instant Upgrade service, the Service Recipient’s credit card will be charged for the amount indicated on the ‘buy now’ Upgrade purchase form. If the purchase refers to more than one person provisions of section 8 of these Terms shall apply. The total amount due for the Upgrade will cover all the potential taxes and charges due for the Upgrade.
12. The purchased Upgrade can only be used by the Service Recipient or by individuals named in the initial booking and only for the PLL LOT flight for which the air ticket was initially bought; it cannot be transferred in whole or in part to another person or to a flight other than the one for which the air ticket was initially bought with no prejudice to section 16 below.
13. If the purchase of an Upgrade is not successfully completed, of which the Service Recipient will be informed by e-mail, the Service Recipient’s credit card will not be charged and the Service Recipient will retain the originally purchased air ticket and additional services purchased prior to the attempted purchase of the Instant Upgrade service.
14. The refund or exchange of the Upgrade for reasons attributable to the Service Recipient or the person(s) included in the original booking is not possible.
15. PLL LOT shall reimburse the full amount paid by the Service Recipient for the Upgrade if one of the circumstances mentioned below and within the control of PLL LOT occurs:
- the flight covered by the Upgrade has been cancelled,
- the flight covered by the Upgrade has been cancelled and PLL LOT changed the booking to another flight but to the class of the Service Recipient’s initial booking,
- the flight covered by the Upgrade has been cancelled and PLL LOT changed the booking to another flight operated by another carrier,
- the Upgrade is not possible, among other things, due to a change of aircraft type or a delay of the transit flight which caused the Service Recipient to miss the flight covered by the Upgrade.
16. In those cases where, due to circumstances attributable to PLL LOT, the flight covered by the Upgrade has been cancelled and PLL LOT changed the booking to a different flight, the Upgrade service can be provided on the new flight subject to the availability of seats in the higher classes covered in the Upgrade. If seats in higher classes are not available on the new flight provisions of section 15 of these Terms shall apply.
17. In the event of a refund, the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the Service Recipient’s credit card that was used to pay for the Upgrade. The refund shall take place in the currency that has been used in order to pay for the Upgrade.
18. These Terms of Service are subject to the Polish law.
19. The General Conditions of Carriage of Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT S.A. available in the Regulations tab shall apply to these Terms of Service.