Problems with baggage
Should have any problems with your baggage, then before you leave the baggage claim area, please contact our LOST & FOUND Office in order to submit a formal report.
Damaged baggage (damage to a suitcase/bag, damaged content, items missing in the content)
If on arrival you ascertain that your baggage has been damaged, please report it immediately and complete an official damage report. You will then receive an official confirmation of its receipt, together with a reference number (please keep the report until the matter is resolved).
If you fail to report the damage upon arrival at the airport and claiming you baggage, you may still notify us in writing within seven (7) days after you claimed your baggage. However, you must then produce evidence that the damage occurred whilst the baggage was in care of the airline concerned.
PLL LOT S.A. bears no liability for any damage to the aesthetic qualities of the baggage which arises from its normal use, i.e. scratches, abrasions or dents; neither does the airline bear any liability for damage arising from overloading and over-packing, burst seams or broken zipper teeth. In addition, the airline bears no liability for damage arising as a result of actions carried out in accordance with the regulations and requirements of state authorities, including security, and/or passengers' failure to comply with the mentioned above laws and requirements.
Delayed baggage (baggage missing on arrival)
If on your arrival you cannot see your baggage on the carousel, report this fact immediately and fill in a Property Irregularity Report (PIR). You will then receive an official confirmation of you PIR, together with its reference number (e.g. WAWLO0123). Please retain this document until your complaint has been resolved.
Your baggage will be sought using the World Tracer international baggage search system. You can follow the process online by using your PIR reference number.
In case of a delayed baggage delivery in a country other than that in which the passenger is domiciled, PLL LOT will provide a refund of the costs incurred for the purchase of the basic necessities required while awaiting the delivery (toiletries, underwear, clothing), up to USD 100. The purchase of cosmetics, perfumes and other non-essential items will not be refunded by the airline.
If your baggage is not found within five days of lodging the report, please contact: PLL LOT S.A.
LOT Polish Airlines S.A.
Central Baggage Tracing Office
Warsaw-Okęcie International Airport
ul. Żwirki i Wigury 1
Fax: +48 22 650-25-54
and provide a detailed list of the contents of the baggage in order to enable the detailed search procedure to continue. Use the Baggage Inventory Form (list of contents). The document should be printed, filled in and sent to the Central Baggage Tracing Office.
Once the baggage is found, we will deliver it, at the airline's cost, to the address provided in the PIR.
If your baggage is not found despite the search process, please send complaint documents to PLL LOT.
Lodging baggage complaints (damage, missing content, delay, loss)
A complaint claim must be made in writing and can be delivered by regular mail or fax to the following address:
Polskie Linie Lotnicze S.A.,
Customer Claims Section ul. Komitetu Obrony Robotników 43
Fax: + 48 22 606-62-91
or fill in the form:
- a description of the damage
- a print-out of the baggage damage report or missing baggage report/PIR
- travel documents (ticket number or reservation reference number, boarding card and baggage tag sticker)
- invoices for the repair of the baggage
- a certificate confirming that the baggage is irreparable and, if possible, a receipt documenting the value of the damaged suitcases/bags
- for complaints regarding damaged or missing contents, additionally a list of the items in question and receipts giving proof of their value.
- for complaint regarding damage or missing contents: a list of the items concerned and receipts evidencing their value documents evidencing the expenses incurred in the case of delayed baggage (e.g. receipts for purchases of basic necessities)
- for lost baggage: a description of the baggage and its contents (Baggage Inventory Form), as well as a valuation and receipts evidencing the value of the items concerned
Deadlines for reporting a baggage damage
Reservations regarding baggage claimed may be submitted within legally provided deadlines. In such a case, the burden of proof that the damage occurred in air transport shall rest on the passenger.
- Damage, missing items - within 7 days after the baggage is claimed
- Refunds for purchases in the case of delayed baggage - within 21 after the baggage is claimed
- Lost baggage - within 2 years