Travel to/from Canada

Are you flying to Canada? Read the travel rules

It is required to have the electronic travel authorisation for travels to/from/via Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization, eTA). eTA is a document that confirms the entry authorisation for foreign nationals travelling to or transiting through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa.

You can apply online:


  • You will receive your eTA issue confirmation (by email) normally within several minutes.
  • However, some applications may take a few days to process, e.g. when you are asked to submit additional documents. 
  • The cost of eTA is CAD 7
  • Check whether you have entered the correct passport number

*Countries whose citizens require eTA: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, South Korea, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Monaco, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino., Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Hungary, Great Britain, Italy, Salomon Islands.

Visa and customs declarations to Canada

Downloadable sample declarations - click here

All travellers must provide their data in the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) Declaration. Data of up to four persons residing at the same address may be provided in one card. Each traveller is responsible for his/her own declaration. In accordance with applicable provisions of law, failure to indicate in your declaration any goods, currencies and/or cash brought in the territory of Canada may entail their confiscation, imposition of fines and/or criminal prosecution. Information provided in the declaration are subject to verification by the CBSA and may be made available to other governmental agencies for the purpose of enforcing Canadian laws. More information can be found in the Info Source database (ref. no. CBSA PPU 018) on

Persons visiting Canada

Every person visiting Canada may bring in, free of any customs duty, gifts (except for alcohol and tobacco) worth up to CAD 60 each; 1.5 l of wine or 1.14 l of spirits, or 24 355 ml cans/bottles (total of 8.5 l); 200 cigarettes, 200 tobacco rolls, 50 cigars or cigarillos, and 200 g of processed tobacco.

Canadian residents

Every Canadian resident returning to Canada is entitled to one of the following customs duty exemptions, depending on the length of time spent outside Canada (including all goods and/or gifts purchased or received abroad): 24 hours: CAD 50. The exemption does not apply to goods worth more than CAD 50. Alcohol and tobacco are dutiable. 48 hours: CAD 400 including alcohol and tobbaco. 7 days: CAD 750 Including alcohol and tobbaco. 1.5 l of wine or 1.14 l of spirits, or 24 355 ml cans/bottles of beer (total of 8.5 l). (Applicable to persons considered adults in the province in which the goods are being brought). 200 cigarettes, 200 tobacco rolls, 50 cigars or cigarillos, and 200 g of processed tobacco (special duty may apply).

Travel from Canada

Passengers flying from Canada to Poland should hold a valid passport or official documents that replace the passport in exceptional circumstances. The passport should be valid for at least 3 months beyond the planned stay in Poland.