You can transport sports equipment free of charge if it is within the Free Baggage Allowance shown in your ticket. Remember that the allowance does not apply to bicycles, which are subject to a charge in accordance with the table below. While the limits regarding the weight and quantity of baggage must be met, it is allowed to exceed the size limit for baggage containing sports equipment. If the later is the case, the charges shown below shall apply.
Carriage of sports equipment - practical information
- Since space for sports equipment in the baggage hold is limited and varies between different aircraft types, some items of sports equipment may not be accepted. Check the availability of the service while booking your ticket on lot.com or thereafter minimum 24 hours before departure in the Manage Booking section. Remember to specify the type, weight and dimensions of your equipment.
- The maximum weight of sporting equipment must not exceed 32 kg. Heavier items may be transported as CARGO only.
- Remember if you continue your journey with another carrier, please read their baggage regulations to avoid denial of your baggage.
- Are you a Miles&More member and holder of a HON, SEN or Star Alliance Gold card? In addition to your baggage allowance you may take also golf and skiing equipment.
- Equipment not listed in the table below will be treated as excess baggage and regular rates will apply.
Carriage of bicycles
- The maximum weight and dimensions requirements must be met. The maximum weight cannot exceed 32 kg, and the maximum sum of all dimensions cannot exceed 130 x 30 x 70 [CM]. The dimensions are for a bicycle with the front wheel removed.
- The bike should be secured with cardboard packaging, stretch foil or it should be transported in a suitcase specifically designed for bike transportation.
Failure to meet the above requirements regarding the carriage of a bicycle may result in the refusal to accept the equipment at the airport, with no refund possible.
Regular bicycle (not a moped/e-bicycle), child bicycle, unicycle
Contents: a bow and arrows packed in a protective case.
Contents: two rods, a bag or a box, a pair of fishing boots, a tackle box or a landing net.
Contents: a golf bag containing one set of golf clubs, golf balls and tees, a pair of golf shoes.
Contents: a hockey bag, hockey sticks, a pair of ice skates, a set of body protection, a helmet.
Contents: a pair of inline skates, a set of body protection, a helmet.
Contents: a set of javelin equipment packed in a container.
Contents: a board for water sports.
Contents: a kite, a board.
Contents: a bowling bag, a bowling ball, a pair of shoes.
Contents: a set of parachute equipment packed in a container.
Mountaineering/ trekking equipment
Contents: a backpack, an ice pick, a pair of crampons, a pair of poles.
Contents: a diving mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit and a diving vest, one empty cylinder, a lamp.
Contents: a board, a set of body protection, a helmet
Skis/ water skis
Contents: a pair of skis, a pair of poles, a pair of boots, a helmet.
Contents: a snowboard, a pair of boots, a helmet
Tennis/ squash/ badminton equipment
Contents: a set of rackets and balls packed in a thermobag.
Contents: a surfing board of up to 2 m of length.
Contents: a board, a sail, a boom, a mast, a gear bag.
Contents: a kayak or a canoe (no motor attached).
Contents: a hang glider with accessories packed in a container.
Contents: a saddle, a set of horse harness, a horse whip, a pair of riding boots, a bareback pad, a set of polo sticks.
Contetns: a board exceeding 2 m.
Pole vault equipment
Contents: a set of vaulting poles packed in a container.
Contents: an inflatable dinghy (no motor attached), a pair of paddles.
Contents: a tandem bicycle (not a moped/e-bicycle).
lithium battery powered devices- not allowed*
Not allowed: electric scooter, electric scooter, airwheel, solowheel, hoverboard, mini-segway, balance wheel.